Home » Programs Offered
The Schoenbaum Family Center offers:
- Full day, year round early childhood education
- Monday through Friday
Seven classrooms contain multi-age groups:
- 4 infant/toddler rooms each with 10 children ages 6 weeks to 3 years with 2 co-lead teachers & 1 assistant teacher
- 3 preschool rooms each with 20 children ages 3 to 5 years old with 2 co-lead teachers & 1 assistant teacher
Other features of the Schoenbaum Family Center Program:
- A full-time Family Advocate who works with individual families to connect with resources, and provides information about upcoming educational and enrichment programs.
- A Librarian from the Columbus Metropolitan Library staffs the JP Morgan Chase Library and provides a weekly story time for each class room, assists teachers with book collections to support the weekly curriculum, and offers reading workshops for parents.
- A Chef prepares daily breakfast, snack and lunch for children.
- The Center offers a program of Simple Suppers, with opportunities for families to cook and eat together and learn about nutrition, food safety and the health effects of nutritional choices.
- The Center offers computer access for families and neighborhood residents through guest accounts associated with The Ohio State University College of Education and Human Ecology.
- A Registered Nurse shares time between Weinland Park Elementary School and the Schoenbaum Family Center and oversees medication, organizes immunization and health screenings, and prepares and distributes information about child health.
- Connections with students and faculty in many colleges of The Ohio State University provide valuable additions to the teaching and learning.